“We all want to communicate better and faster, but we want to do so in good health”
Follow it here and on Facebook:
• WE the undersigned, more than 180 scientists and doctors from 36 countries, recommend a moratorium on the roll-out of the fifth generation, 5G, for telecommunication until potential hazards for human health and the environment have been fully investigated by scientists independent from industry.
• 5G will substantially increase exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) and RF-EMF has been proven to be harmful for humans and the environment.
• AS soon as the antennas were installed, several residents and entire families in the heart of Geneva, Switzerland, reported similar unusual symptoms of loud ringing in the ear, intense headaches, unbearable earaches, insomnia, chest pain, fatigue and not feeling well in the house.
• 5G leads to massive increase of mandatory exposure to wireless radiation.
DO WE BELIEVE ALL THESE THINGS?
We don’t know. The world does not have all the answers yet.
Which is why we’re advising caution, more research, more knowledge, a more cautious and responsible approach.
Which is why we are not excited about the fanfare that Cable & Wireless announced 5G with in Seychelles and we love the Intelvision approach which is “we have the technology, but want to be sure of its health safety before we roll it out”.
This is why we have started a debate on our Facebook page and we’re asking you to join in with informed comments ad cases histories, here and on our FB page.
Over 230 scientists from more than 40 countries have expressed their “serious concerns” regarding the ubiquitous and increasing exposure to EMF generated by electric and wireless devices already before the additional 5G roll-out.
They refer to the fact that “numerous recent scientific publications have shown that EMF affects living organisms at levels well below most international and national guidelines”.
Effects include increased cancer risk, cellular stress, increase in harmful free radicals, genetic damages, structural and functional changes of the reproductive system, learning and memory deficits, neurological disorders, and negative impacts on general well-being in humans.
Damage goes well beyond the human race, as there is growing evidence of harmful effects to both plants and animals.
As soon as 5G antennas were installed, several residents and entire families in the heart of Geneva, Switzerland, reported similar unusual symptoms of loud ringing in the ear, intense headaches, unbearable earaches, insomnia, chest pain, fatigue and not feeling well in the house.
Dr. Bertrand Buchs, who has also called for a 5G moratorium, states he has seen more and more patients with similar symptoms. He notes, “In this case, our authorities are going against common sense … we risk experiencing a catastrophe in a few years… no serious study exists yet, which is not surprising when we know that this technology was developed in China, then to the United States.
In Switzerland, we could open a line for people who feel bad, listen to these complaints and examine them. Our country has the means and the skills. The debate must be launched because the story is not about to end.”
OUR READERS JOIN IN THE CONVERSATION
• Indeed. Many countries have not installed 5 G because there is not sufficient data on whether the radiation is safe for us and animals etc…As said already there should have been a public debate on the merits or hazards of 5G
• The population has the right to be informed and it is the duty of service providers such as Cable and Wireless and Airtel to encourage this dialogue and the Department of ICT kept very quiet on this all along
Editor: The Seychelles Independent will launch a campaign for more research and education on 5G before we go ahead with installation… we must all contact our MNAs to voice our concerns on 5G…. they are the frontline people with the mandate to act in the best interests of our people and country……
• There should have been an open debate about 5G.
This is a serious issue and the population has a right to be informed.
• The technologies form part of our world! We tell that the 5G is dangerous but, in fact, we don’t know!!! If the Seychelles wants to develop the economy and the sector of the tourism (luxury, especially), they need a very good connection! It’s a choice that every country has to do!!! ….
• The rich will get richer and they do not care about the people’s health. Really where are we going to? And the Manager says there is no proof of any danger .Don’t make me laugh. As long as your pockets get filled up, who cares? Just like a lot of things and behavior in this country. I am sad to have lost the Seychelles that once existed. We know there is development but we don’t need to choose the wrong ones.
• Big Brother time brothers & sisters! We have an increased cancer rate already here. Is this top up time?
• I have watched the relevant video in regards to 5G it is very scary. You know us Ralph we always react when it is already late. SEYCHELLES STYLE!!
And sometimes tempers run high and the discussion overspills a little, because people are passionate.
•The next question should be: how effective are those boards of approval? Are they qualified enough and/or are they honest enough to make decisions based on the betterment of the people. We have seen in the past where ‘a board’ has approved to give a Seychelles Diplomatic Passport to someone to help him hide in his own country so that his own Police couldn’t arrest him because with the said passport his property was Seychelles property and in return he pays ‘The Party’ millions every 5 years for election campaign. Yes we have boards of approval but are they effective and honest?
PLEASE HAVE YOUR SAY, AND WE WILL RETURN NEXT WEEK TO CONTINUE LOOKING AT THIS IMPORTANT SUBJECT. As someone put it succinctly: “We all want to communicate better and faster, but we want to do so in good health”.